Sunday, October 10, 2010

Chapter 6 - Blyg 6

So, we retain 10% of what we read? Well, that seems about right. When I think back and remember things that I read, I can only recall a small portion of it. Whereas the fact that we retain 50% of what we hear and see can also be applied to my memory, I can remember way more of what I hear and say than what I read. 70% of what we say: well, that's of course true, it came out of our own head. So naturally even if the brain isn't able to remember exactly, it can at least use clues to figure out the rest because it was the original maker of the idea. I can't really use any of this information for my benefit because these values seem to be fixed. I can't force my brain to retain more of what I read no matter how much I'd like. I'll just have to make the best use of everything I can the way I've been doing.

No comments:

Post a Comment